Drainage cell offers numerous benefits over gravel for sub-surface drainage and waterproofing membrane protection, and can also be used to make tanks for underground storm water infiltration or storage.
- Lightweight modules for easy handling and installation
- Approximately 2% of gravel aggregate weight for the same discharge capacity
- More predictable drainage capacity than gravel
- Narrow profile for a greater soil depth in planter beds compared to gravel, allowing the use of a wider variety of landscape plants
- Relief of hydrostatic pressure on retaining walls
Drainage cells offer several unique features including:
- High compressive strength in excess of 100t/m˛
- High surface void area and internal void volume for efficient water capture and discharge rates
- Modules that can be interlocked in one plane or at right angles to one another
- Resistance to biological attack and to a wide range of soil-borne chemicals
- Large pre-assembled panels allow rapid installation and minimise on-site disruption
Drainage cells are sometimes called Flocells.
Watch the Original DrainageCell by Atlantis video here, or watch this video to learn more about how lightweight drainage cell can contribute to the greening and sustainability of cities in the future--and how you can use it to set up a garden on top of a concrete surface.
With yards at Brookvale and Taren Point, our landscaping and building products can be delivered throughout greater Sydney including Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Northern Beaches, and beyond. Loose products such as mulch, soil, sand and pebbles can be tipped or delivered in bulk bags. Secure your delivery time as you check out.